Sunday, April 3, 2011

Food Challenge: Power Snack

A conversation with my brilliant friend, Janine (whom I'm hoping will be recruited to be an author as well), reminded me that healthy eating starts with simplicity. Simple ingredients easily assembled can be the hallmark of a healthy diet. In the real world, most of us don't have time to prepare three gourmet meals a day (or even five to six meals as some nutritionists recommend), which can be where we are likely to fail in our healthy eating goals. That's why this week's challenge is focused on the simplest yet crucial meal, the snack.

Tiff sent me a post this week which I think totally exemplifies my point (Thanks Tiff! It is a great post!). In order to eat well, you need to fuel your body throughout the day with healthy options. For this week's challenge, I'm looking for your favorite power snack. This is the snack that curbs your 3 pm sugar crave and gets you through the day. It doesn't have to be complicated; in fact, bonus points for being easy to prepare. The Good Factor is definitely a must; no dry Kashi bars here!

Post your recipe by Sunday if you want to participate. Also, if you have other recipes, articles, or other blogs to share, feel free to do so! We can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment